Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Should I mix Revlon hair dye in a bowl?

I am dying my hair for the first time and watched videos on youtube on how to do it. Most people mix it together in a bowl and use a comb to put it on. The directions dont say to use a bowl or a comb. What is the right way to do it?Should I mix Revlon hair dye in a bowl?
I never used a bowl to dye mine and I've died mine probably 5 or more times maybe. My mom does it and she pours it onto my hair from the bottle after mixxing the two bottles together of course.


hope this helps.Should I mix Revlon hair dye in a bowl?
Yes you can definitely comb it through with a comb by mixing it in a PLASTIC bowl. This can guarantee you a much more even process and you can monitor which part of your hair has the color on it and which doesn't.





the reason why I exalted the Plastic is because if you use a metal bowl you will alter the effect of the hair color resulting in a different color. So make sure it's plastic.





Hope this helps.
It is easier to put it in a squirt bottle and apply to the first inch of hair nearest your scalp first...then apply to the rest of your hair. I guess you could use a bowl, but still apply to the hair closest to your scalp first and then bring out to the rest of your hair. Be sure to wear gloves and put something down on the floor so you don't drip. The reason you put it near your scalp first is because that hair is not sun damaged and is not as dry. The hair on the end will absorb the dye quicker because it is more damaged and dried.
I've never used a bowl, and I've been dying my hair for around 10 years. I just shake it up in the bottle they provide, and use it that way, you don't need to comb it in. Just make sure you get all you hair, if your hair is really long, you may need two boxes of dye. I found that one out the hard way.
If it comes with a Bottle, Use a Bottle, If it doesn't, Use a Bowl. There really is no 'right way'. People use Bowls or bottles all the time.
  • wrinkles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment