Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I recently dyed my hair black (used a generic brand like Revlon.) Will I be able to dye my hair?

About 3-4 months ago, I dyed my dirty blonde hair black. I finally convinced my parents to let me go a little farther, and I want to dye my hair raspberry red using a product called Splat (www.developlus.com)





If I use the bleach that comes with the product, will I get the striking results that they show on the box? Because I want to make sure that the black hair dye will be gone, or at least faded enough to dye my hair the right color.





Thanks for your help! I'm going to be here with any information you guys might need!I recently dyed my hair black (used a generic brand like Revlon.) Will I be able to dye my hair?
There's this stuff I found at Walgreens ( I know wal mart doesnt carry it, by CVS, etc probably would)


It's called color OOPS, and its a color remover, not a bleach.


I dyed my hair black over the summer, and when it started to grow out i didnt want to do black anymore.


It took me back to my light brown hair!!!


But when they say RINSE, they mean it. I'm serious, like a good solid 15 minutes of shampoo and rinse shampoo and rinse again and again.


I had to do it twice.


The first time I didnt rinse well enough. I blow dried it was happy with the light brown color but when i woke up in the morning the color has already redeposited on my hair and it was dark again! UGH


So the second time I rinsed until i thought my arms would fall off.


It worked :) and its not harsh on your hair.


be warned though the stuff smells awful... like sulfur/rotten eggs/hair perm.


SO-- I'd use that THEN bleach it, then dye it and then USE AN AWESOME DEEP CONDITIONER and lay off too much heat styling.


That's a lot for hair to take.


If you can wait-- strip the color out..wait a few weeks..bleach it then dye it. Instead of all in one day.


Good luck and I hope it looks awesome!! :)I recently dyed my hair black (used a generic brand like Revlon.) Will I be able to dye my hair?
I'd be careful when dying or bleaching over black. I dyed my hair black once and when I asked my hairdresser if I could change it back to brown she said there was a risk that it could go reddish or greenish if I tried to put another colour through it. She also said bleaching would be really bad for my hair. In the end I just waited for mine to grow out and my hairdresser advised me to just dye it dark brown next time as it's a lot easier and less risky to change.
You may want to go to a professional to have the color stripped, or use one at home to get the black out. Black dye can be ridiculously hard to get out through bleaching alone %26amp; if you want striking results, I would suggest trying Color Oops to strip the black first.
Hi:


You can strip your hair out with a chemical purchased at the drugstore and dye it to the color you like. Then dye the color you want. Remember that on the first try you will not get the same results like the picture box.
No, unless you bleach it first that's the only way you will get true to the color results

No comments:

Post a Comment