Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Revlon ultra light ash blonde on brown hair?

Okay, I recently {about a month ago} dyed my hair brown {from a sort of bleached blonde-orange}. I want it back to blonde like, NOW {prom is tomorow night!}





I'm planning on bleaching it eventually anyway, but I want to wait awhile. My hair isn't in that great of condition--it's not extremely dry, but it's got a lot of split ends.





My hair colour has faded to about a light brown, which the dye I bought tonight {Revlon Ultra Light Ash Blonde 05} says it will turn blonde. I bought ash because I know that takes away a lot of the yellowy-orange tones.





Is this a lot safer than bleaching? This stuff has no ammonia in it, so I figure it's pretty good. Should I go ahead and do it, even if my hair's not in the greatest shape? I've dyed my hair lots of times before {my hair's never really been in that good of condition}, and it's been fine.





I REALLY want to do it tonight, since prom is tomorow. I just am worried it will fall out!Revlon ultra light ash blonde on brown hair?
I used this same product last week on my hair. I dye my hair about every other month or so. My hair is a light brownish red color and I wanted something for spring and summer so I used it. It will give you really blonde hair. Mine was way too light for me and I had to go to the store and get a darker color and dye it the next day. Your hair should be ok, just remember to use the conditioner that came with it and to condition your hair after you shampoo for a few days, it will help your hair color stay a little longer and help your hair. It says to leave the Ultra Light blonde shades on for 45 minutes instead of 20 or 25. I left it on for the 45 mins and it was too light for me, so you may want to check it after 20 mins or so and see if it is the color you want or if you want it lighter. Your hair should be fine as long as you use a good conditioner. Good luck and have fun at the prom.Revlon ultra light ash blonde on brown hair?
If your smart you will go to the salon tomorrow and get it done you could end up with severely damaged hair and it could have a ash (green) tint to it
I wouldn't do it...your hair wont fall out..but I tried it and it had all different shade of like a gray and silver and even a little blue I almost died!!! I called the number on the box and they said it is very hard to go from dark to light on your own and the ash is what did it to my hair...it was terrible you could try it but it would be very bad if it ruined your hair and then the salon might not fix it right away if they think your hair is too damaged they might say you have to wait a week or so...after all they don't want to be responsible for something that could go terribly wrong...Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment