Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lightening my hair with Revlon Colorsilk?

It's been a while since I've dyed my hair, so my roots have grown out, but it doesn't look terribly bad. I have jet black asian hair that melts into a dark golden brown and then lighter into a light golden brown (from my previous dyes).





Now, I want to lighten my hair and go into a completely light golden brown bordering a dark blonde. Do you think that the Revlon Colorsilk can do that for me because that's what I usually use and it seems to work fine when I want to go brown, but I've never gone lighter... so I'm assuming I'm probably going to have to get a really light shade like a really light blonde shade and I'm wondering if you guys think it will work. I know that bleaching it or using another method may be easier, but I'm wondering if the Revlon Colorsilk will be able to work just as well since it did lighten my hair before from jet black to a medium brown without bleach.Lightening my hair with Revlon Colorsilk?
i am a hairstylist. so my best answer would be not to do it because you dont know which level to choose, and if you go too light your hair has alot of red undertones that will come out and mess with that brown you want to have. It can easily all go wrong. also you have alot going on with your head. if you want to stay away from coloring, color your hair your natural color. If you want to lighten your hair you need to go to a salon and they can lighten it without bleach and tone down the rest so you have 1 even color.
  • wrinkles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment